Have you ever imagined having your own beauty business, working on your own and managing yourself? If you have been working in the world of aesthetics for years, the answer is probably yes. The time has come to take another step, the time has come to open your own beauty center.
Next, here, we give you the keys on how to set up and manage a beauty salon, tips that will help you launch an adventure, open your beauty salon and become a successful business person.
First steps to open and set up a beauty salon
Setting up and managing your own beauty salon is not an easy task. If you have made the decision to move forward with this project, you should start by making a list of everything you will need to start this new professional path. Knowing the regulations, procedures and licenses necessary to manage your beauty salon will be the starting point towards the creation of your new business.
There are two ways to achieve this: create a company from scratch or from a franchise. Once you have chosen the form that best suits you, by budget, by licenses or by management, it is time to start the race towards the creation of your beauty center:
- Create a business plan. We refer to making a list with everything that you will have to manage in your company, taking into account from the expenses that are coming (create a budget and value the initial investment), to a study of the competition and current market trends. Your business should be based on these objectives, so capturing what you want to achieve and offer to your clientele will be the starting point for the management of your beauty center.
- Start by choosing the nameof your beauty salon and your logo, the brand that will define you and that will sell you.
- Get up to speed on legal and financial matterswith the help of an advisor. This figure will allow you to plan all those legal, financial and labor aspects in order to have your business in order (licenses, payroll, taxes …).
- Next, look for aplace where to locate your beauty center that suits your business plan. For starters, you can bet on something small, affordable but well located.
- Spend time decorating or remodeling the center to ensure that your future clients find in it a comfortable space that invites relaxation.
- Make a list of all those products and servicesthat you are going to offer in your salon. It must be an honest offer, adapted to your knowledge and that of the professionals you have hired. Do not try to cover a lot from the first moment, since you can expand the offer as you learn new techniques or hire specialized professionals.
- Prepare a good launch marketing campaign. If you want to attract customers, in addition to having a powerful corporate image, you must work on launching your business to the world. Open the social networks that you consider necessary to boost your business (Instagram and Facebook are the most appropriate for your business), put a spot on the radio, prepare a good launch offer to attract customers and make an inauguration in style.
With all these elements in order, you can set up a beauty salon successfully. Start working and include improvements as you build customer loyalty, observe their needs and learn about the latest trends and developments in your sector. All this will allow you to establish strategies and make the necessary decisions so that little by little your business will bear fruit.
Manage a beauty center to make it profitable
Setting up a beauty salon will take time. You must take into account aspects such as the investment, the location or the services that you are going to offer. For this reason and to help you in the management of your beauty center, we recommend the use of a software for beauty centers. It is a useful tool that will help you manage your business on a day-to-day basis.
One of the best management programs for an aesthetic center is the BEWE.io software, which allows you to control your clients’ database, the calendar of upcoming appointments or everything related to administration, billing and communication. It is an essential tool for an aesthetic business if you want your beauty center to become a benchmark.
Managing your beauty salon through complete and reliable software will allow you to establish specific marketing actions, build customer loyalty, manage the agenda, manage your invoices, salaries or commissions, control inventory or stock and even make advanced reports that allow you to manage your business wherever you are.