Are you thinking of training young people in a specific trade? Would you like to give vocational training classes in your own center? If you are an entrepreneur and want to open a vocational training institute, read this article carefully. Here we give you the keys on how to open a professional institute. Get the accreditation of your City Council, make your business plan and organize the opening process properly. With these tips you will achieve success.
Steps to follow:
1. Before launching into applying for licenses or making any other move, decide what type of vocational training institute you will open. Keep in mind that it should be a place where people are trained for a specific job, so make sure it fits your experiences and your professional field. The most frequent are: aesthetics, kitchen, electricity, hospitality or administration, among others.
2. Market study. You need to know if there is a strong demand for the area you want to create the institute. You must take into account, in addition to the demand, the competition – if there is any – in the place where you want to open your institute. We recommend you consult our article how to do a market study.
3. Once you are clear about the professional institute that you will open, start with the bureaucracy. Ask for the necessary permits and certifications to open your business. If you have a local but you must do works to adapt it, you must also ask for the work permits that are required. Find out at your Town Hall. You can find the details in:
- How to apply for an opening license
- How to apply for an activities and facilities license
4. Business plan. For your proposal to be accepted, you must develop a business plan that explains the study plan that you will offer to your students and the professionals who will develop it. In addition, in it, you must define the type of demand of the institute, which you will have seen after conducting the market study. It includes educational and work statistics, as well as the budget and capital investment costs to open the institute (contracts, taxes, materials, insurance). Finally, the plan must contemplate the losses and benefits that are expected to be obtained in the first two years of the project’s life.
5. Once your business plan is accepted by the municipal government, you must register the institute with the relevant local and state organizations. All the information about it will be provided by your city council. Check it out!
6. Capital. You will need to make a good initial investment to open your professional institute. If you do not have enough money, ask for a loan at your bank or try to obtain state or private financing. Another option is to look for partners and guarantees that can lend you the required money. Look for the best option!
7. Location. It is important that your institute is well located. It must be accessible and adapted to the environment. In addition, you must comply with all safety requirements and regulations.
8. Once you have the infrastructure of your institute, take out insurance. It must include the building and everything it contains, in addition to obtaining other insurance that you consider necessary, such as civil liability.
9. Buy the equipment. It depends on the profession you develop in your training institute; you will have to provide yourself with one or the other materials. Make a list with everything you need before so you don’t forget anything.
10. Hire staff. The institute cannot be run alone, so think about the different jobs you need to fill and draw up the contracts. Put job offers on specialized websites and start interviews with those selected. In the writing of teacher offers, try to put the requirements of each position: studies, professional experience …
11. You have the permits, the building, the teachers… The most important thing is missing… The students! Make a good publicity campaign through public institutes and schools, local newspapers or newspapers, billboards or local radio and television. Everything is good when it comes to attracting your future students.
12. Once you have the places covered with your registered students, you can start teaching classes at your professional institute.!! Congratulations!!