The Internet does not stop growing and more and more SMEs and large companies create online portals to expand their businesses and offer their products also online. For experts in this field, opening an online store can be very simple, but for entrepreneurs who decide to launch and create an Internet store without any experience, there are many doubts that assail them. Where do I begin? How do I get the products? How do I sell them? How do I send them to clients? These are some of the many questions that people who decide to start an online project tend to ask themselves. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you the most important keys so that you know how to create an Internet store.
Steps to follow:
1. Before starting with the steps to create an Internet store, it is important that you know that there are companies that are exclusively dedicated to creating this type of business. This is the case of Tiendalista, a tool that is responsible for creating and managing your online store according to your criteria and interests.
As in all projects, the first step is always to select the product that we want to sell online. This is one of the tasks that you should spend more time to choose a good product, with high demand and profitable. A bad idea will lead us to failure and we will lose all the money invested. So, look for successful online stores, analyze the products they sell and select the one that best suits your needs or you think may be more successful.
2. Once you have selected the product, it is time to look for the brands that make it and study them one by one to find out which one interests you the most. Probably you will not be the one who makes the product you are going to sell, but you will buy it from the manufacturer, so you should investigate the companies that create it and choose the one or those that interest you most. You must take into account the design of the product, the quality of its materials, the utility and, of course, the price.. The most successful thing is to select several distributors and go one by one to negotiate prices and find out their purchase conditions. Comparison is essential to get the best product at the best price. Experts recommend selling more than one brand to provide customers with a variety of products and be more successful.
3. Do not forget to define the audience you want to address, as this will determine whether you choose one type of distributor or another. In this sense, it is essential to carry out a market study to analyze all audiences and choose the one that best suits you, observe and study the competition, financing methods, mark your objectives and make an estimated budget of the initial investment. This part is essential to correctly select the suppliers, the products and the business model, so that you dedicate time.
4. Once you are clear about the product you want to sell, the market study done, the target audience and manufacturers selected, it is time to start shaping your store project. To do this, define well the online business model you want to create and choose a good name. This last point is very important, it must be attractive, hooky and represent the content of your store.
5. To sell online you need to select the technological platform that best suits your business idea. Thus, if you do not have the necessary knowledge, you will require an Internet service provider to create the page and the platform for you to sell. Once you have the name of the store, the design of the page and the logo are very important aspects that you must take care of in detail. Put yourself in the user’s shoes and create a portal with easy access and navigation. It must be visible, understandable, attractive and well organized. It is important that you take into account the methods of web positioning to ensure that your page appears when users search for products like the ones you sell. If design is not your thing, remember that there are companies like Tonalist that do it for you.
6. Now, you must choose the payment method that you are going to offer to your customers to buy your products. To do this, get in touch with the providers that offer these services and choose the one that interests you the most. PayPal is one of the safest and most used by users who buy online, in addition to being a public service that does not require real numbers to contract it, as a bank would ask you to do. Likewise, you have to select the shipping method, by which company you will deliver the products to your customers, shipping costs on your part and on the part of the buyers, the time it will take to reach the homes and where you want to sell.
7. As you can see, your online store is already taking shape but surely you are wondering: How do I promote it? How do I get people to sell online? To answer these questions, you need to make an online marketing plan. One of the best ways to promote your store is through social networks, such as Twitter and Facebook, as they are increasingly important and users are constantly using them.
8. Now that you know the design of the page, the logo, the products, the payment method and the way to promote it, you have to calculate the viability of your online store. To do this, you must be clear about how much money you have and how much you are willing to invest. You have to calculate how much it is going to cost you to bring the first products and possible sales. At this point, it is necessary to carry out a financing and treasury plan to know the profits and losses and if your project will require external financing.
9. Once you have all the previous points well tied, the page is ready and you have done with the first products, you can launch your store and wait for the first Internet sales. It is always recommended that you go to experts and advice in online stores throughout this process to advise you on which is the best option and what to do at each point.