In recent years, the Prestashop platform has become the WordPress of online stores. That is to say, a free, intuitive and practical solution for all those who do not have great programming knowledge. By following some very basic first steps, it is easy to have your online store up and running in a few minutes. Read on if you want to know how to create an online store with Prestashop.
Steps to follow:
1. The first thing you should do to create an online store with Prestashop is to download the latest version of Prestashop in Spanish from its official website.
2. Unzip the file you just downloaded and upload the content of the Prestashop folder to the root directory of your hosting, using an FTP manager. You can use for example FileZilla to do it. Note that you have to upload the contents of the folder, not the folder itself. Copying all files will take a few minutes.
3. Create a MySQL database on your server, which will be the one used by your online store. You can do it through the administration panel of your hosting provider (1 & 1, redcoruna, etc.). Once created, write down the corresponding address, database name, username and password, because you will need them later.
4. Enter the URL of the domain that you have previously acquired for your website in any browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and the Prestashop installation process will automatically begin.
5. Follow the steps that will be asked in the installation process: choose your language, accept the license terms and enter the required data. You will have to indicate the information of your database that you have previously noted. The “Database engine” and “Table prefix” fields are recommended to be left as they are by default, if you do not know what they are for.
6. Enter the information about your online store: name, logo, country, main business activity, etc. You can later change this information from the Back Office of the store.
7. Wait for the installation and creation of the tables in the database to complete.
8. Once the installation is finished, for security reasons you should delete the “install” folder from your FTP manager and rename the “admin” folder.
9. You already have your online store ready to add the products from the catalog, customize it to your liking, add payment modules, information about your business and everything you can think of.