Persuasive, attractive, compelling, and attention-grabbing – that’s what a good catchphrase should be. Even if you already have the brand of your company, you cannot leave aside the fact of associating it with a phrase that summarizes your values, your attributes and your service in a simple way and that always stays in the mind of the consumer. Only then will you get them to be associated with your company, your product and your service. If you want to reinforce the function and image of your brand, keep reading this article. On this occasion, we give you the keys that will help you know how to choose a good slogan. Do not leave this element to chance, it will be one more advertising element. Take note!
Steps to follow:
1. Before you start thinking about your slogan, you should know what it is about. In its etymological origin, the word “slogan” comes from two Gaelic words (” sluagh ” ” ghairm “), which means “crowd” and “shout”. That is why the word slogan is understood as a battle cry, an emotion that leads you to action, to movement. That is why the business slogan must be a synthesis of the intention of the company, which causes something in the consumer. The slogan should be the brand’s rallying cry.
2. To create a good slogan, it must be simple and easily memorized. The best thing is that it can be introduced into any everyday conversation, making it part of people’s lives, because in this way you will have managed to associate your brand with that battle cry.
Make sure that the slogan begins with an imperative, that is, with an order that gives dynamism and movement to the phrase. The intention is that, in addition to associating it with the company and brand, it encourages consumer action.
3. On the other hand, the slogan must revolve around the company, its values and its products. This is no longer important only at the level of identification, but also of positioning and knowledge of the company. Above all, this is an important option if the name of the brand does not speak for itself and the service and / or product offered is not known. Then, the slogan gains importance with respect to the name of the company.
4. If possible, the slogan should be three to five words long. As we have already mentioned, since it is something simple and memoizable, it should summarize everything in a short sentence. Likewise, it must be easy to pronounce by the entire consumer group. So, if you consider that in certain areas of the country, they do not pronounce a sound well, it is better that you avoid repeating it in the slogan. In short, few words with few syllables easy to remember and pronounce is the safe bet to get a good slogan.
5. If you want the slogan to be understandable, in addition to being memoizable and pronounceable, you must use concrete words and leave abstractions aside. The concrete ideas will penetrate more in the public, without leaving much room for their imaginative capacity. Remember that the slogan is another method of sale and persuasion, so it must be understandable.
6. Creativity above all. Avoid traditional sayings, as well as simple proverbs or metaphors. You must be original, since if you use phrases that are already known or used, you may not reach the main objective: that the consumer associates this slogan with your company or brand. Avoid everything that is already very trite and used, and look within your imaginative and creative capacity, that slogan that defines you in an original way.
7. Brainstorming. To start the creation of the slogan, you must do a brainstorming where you put in common the main ideas that that slogan should contain. Anything goes! Imagination and creativity will be your best allies for this task. It is important that you write everything down, no matter how useless it may seem to you, because the best slogan can emerge from a large paragraph or multiple ideas.
8. To make it more original, you can use double meaning or word play. Remember that it must be original and penetrate deeply into the consumer. The more shocking the better. But yes, the slogan should highlight the strengths and positives of the product, as well as the philosophy of the company in a sincere way and without creating false expectations.
9. Bring a smile to the consumer through your slogan. The more you enter the consumer’s mind and the more reactions – generally positive – you get from them, the better results the slogan will give you. Remember the basic premises: persuasion, creativity, simplicity and impact. It reaches the heart and mind of the consumer in a nutshell. Test it!